Sunday, June 19, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a busy weekend! Lots of fun things and time with friends, though- all good things. On Friday Corey and I went over to our good friends Rachel and Jason's house to eat dinner. Rachel made two different kinds of pizza and both were delicious. One had tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, red pepper and sausage. The other was pesto and ricotta. When it came time for seconds I had so much trouble deciding which one to pick because they were both sooo good! I contributed a salad with romaine, gorgonzola cheese, cherry craisins, candied walnuts and raspberry walnut vinaigrette. The best part of the night was the conversation, though! I have known them forever (Rachel since elementary school and Jason since high school) and we had a great time.

Saturday morning came early when my alarm clock went off at 5:30 AM! I had plans to meet Pamela to run at 6:30 AM, and thank goodness for running friends because if left to my own devices, I would definitely have gone back to bed. As always, it was TOTALLY worth it. We don't have too many of those runs left so I cherish every minute!

Mid-morning I met Dannielle and Leah for brunch at La Madeleine in Old Town for brunch, where I had a fantastic mushroom, tomato and cheddar omelet. Yum! Leah used to work with Dannielle and me before she went to nursing school, so it's always great to get to catch up with her. Then we had an exciting plan- to go see Dannielle try on her wedding dress at Hannelore's! And she looked absolutely perfect- I couldn't imagine anyone looking better! So fun!

Saturday night Corey and I had date night plans. We left the house around 4:45 to head to a 5:30 dinner reservation at Filomena (when I made the reservation on Wednesday there weren't many times left). This was definitely a splurge dinner for us, but we don't do it very often so I totally thought we deserved it. ;) We started with the arancini, which were rice balls with cheese and meat that were then deep fried and dipped in tomato sauce. Then we split a salad. For my entree I got tortelloni di michelle, which was brisket of beef stuffed tortelloni in a mushroom, cream and veal stock sauce. O.M.G. It was incredibly rich and sooooo good. I couldn't finish it all and was really sad to say no to the to-go box since we had movie plans after!

After dinner we walked around Georgetown and went in some of my favorite stores: Lululemon, J. Crew and Anthropologie. No good sales so I walked out empty-handed, but it was still fun because the stores in Georgetown are really nice. Then we treated ourselves AGAIN at Serendipity 3!!! I have heard about their frozen hot chocolates for forever, so when Leah told me they had opened one in Georgetown I really wanted to go. Take a look at our huge desserts (sorry for the grainy Blackberry pictures):




After our desserts we went to see Bridesmaids, which was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time! It was incredibly funny and touching at points too. I think I definitely want to own it when it comes out!

All in all, a great weekend, and Corey and I TOTALLY spoiled ourselves on Saturday night. Today was productive- I went to yoga, we ran a couple miles, then we booked our movers, u-haul, and flights/hotel for my mom (who is being so great by driving one of our cars down for us). I also managed to get a 2-hour nap in there, so that was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment