Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Runday

Oh, am I clever... ;)

Yesterday flew by. Corey and I got up early to drive out to Gaithersburg, MD so he could have his flight lesson. I rode in the back of the TINY plane and it was quite an experience! I think he really enjoyed it, though, so it was totally worth it. Then on the way home we stopped at a Mexican restaurant and went to the grocery store, which ended up being the first trip of FOUR yesterday. Somehow every time one of us went back we forgot something! It was ok, though, because the night ended with these:


Corey requested these because I happened to make cupcakes right before South Carolina won the College World Series last year. ;) I found a recipe online that called for one box of duncan hines vanilla cake mix, one small box of jello vanilla pudding mix, 4 eggs, 3/4 cup vegetable oil, and 3/4 cup milk. After baking the cupcakes I iced them with buttercream. The recipe for the icing was 1 cup butter, 4 cups confectioner's sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. They are delicious!! I already had one last night and one for an afternoon snack today.

Speaking of cooking, last night I made this recipe: http://bakinandeggs.com/2010/11/10/chicken-enchiladas/. Seriously, they were so good! I could eat the filling with a spoon I think. I definitely recommend them, although they were a bit time-consuming. Maybe more of a weekend meal than a weekday one.

Then this morning I had a running date with Pamela. We were planning to meet at 7 AM. I woke up at 5:57 and turned my alarm off, then closed my eyes for just ONE second...then I woke up 30 minutes later! So I was running a little late and would have gladly gone back to bed but I ended up so glad that we ran together. After 7 miles I headed home to tackle 2 more with Corey. He wasn't quite ready to head out so I spent some time with these babies:


How precious are they?

I have to say it wasn't too easy to complete the final two miles since by the time we started my muscles were already getting tight and I was getting hungry! I think I spent the entire time planning my lunch. ;)

The rest of the day has been super lazy and I caught up on all my Datelines on DVR! Now we have to start cleaning since we have company coming this weekend. Hope everyone's having a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment