Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Green Smoothie

OK, if you read any healthy living or food blogs, this will be nothing at all new to you. And I can take absolutely no credit for coming up with this idea, but I did think it would be something helpful to share with my friends and family who are always looking for ways to sneak in more fruits and veggies to their diet.

Don't be scared away---I promise you can't taste the spinach at all! Here's what I put in the blender this morning:

Lots of strawberries (everything we had left that hadn't been eaten! Maybe 1/2 a pint?)
1 banana
handful of ice
BIG handful of spinach
splash of orange juice

So yummy and you'd never guess you were getting a healthy serving of vegetables! You really can do this with any type of smoothie. I've put in chocolate protein powder, peanut butter, blueberries, etc., and everything I've tried has been really good! It's a great way to start the day and get on track to getting in all of your fruits and veggie servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment