Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My super-secret strategy for running through a heat wave

I hope you're paying close attention, because there's some really valuable information coming. It's taken hours and hours of research and diligent studying. Are you ready? Really, really ready?

Here it is:

When I start involuntarily gagging, I stop and walk for a bit.


I know, groundbreaking, isn't it? Sometimes I really mix it and up and run so slowly that I might as well be running in place (for real, the other day I looked down at my Garmin and it said 16:30/mile pace. I'm fairly certain that's slower than a walking pace but I was "running").

Seriously. Any one else having a terrible time trying to keep up their typical distances and paces in this weather? I do love summer, though, so I promise I'll try to limit my complaining (go ahead and say that it's too late for that since I'm sure you're thinking it...I mean, I did)!

I also tried my first class at Y2 Yoga yesterday- the hot vinyasa a.m. class at 6:30 in the morning. It.was.hard. Definitely the hardest yoga class I've ever taken and I was super-sore today as a result. But at the same time, it was kind of awesome and left me craving more. I definitely think I'll go back!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, girl! I tried to run three miles last night after work in the 90 degree heat and only made it 2.17 miles before I had to walk the rest of the way home. Not my best showing!!! I'm blaming it on the weather.

    ReplyDelete