Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekend wrap-up

Sigh...is it Sunday night already? The weekend flies by so much faster than the week (and yes, I know this is the most obvious statement of the year). I have quite a busy week ahead because of a big meeting at work, which means I'll be out late at a dinner on Wednesday and then up super-early to get to work on Thursday. Fortunately these only happen four times a year.

I was quite adventurous with my eating last night and visited Dukem, an Ethiopian restaurant in DC, with my friend Michelle. This seems to be known as the best Ethiopian restaurant in DC (or at least their sign says so!) and it's across the street from the yoga studio Michelle and I go to so I always figured I should try it before I left DC.

Michelle had eaten Ethiopian food before (in Ethiopia!) but I hadn't and I was a little apprehensive. I knew I didn't want to order meat since I'm really picky about meat anyway, so we split a large veggie platter and also both ordered a sambusa (very similar to a samosa). The food looked like this (not my picture--thanks to http://dc.metromix.com/restaurants/blog_post/date-3-busboys-and/2411293/tags/Dukem%20Resturant):

It came on this very doughy bread with some more of the bread on the side, and you eat it totally with your hands (or wrapped up in the bread, which is what I did). Overall I don't think it's something I would crave, but I'm glad I tried it and it was pretty good! Lots of lentils and potatoes in spicy sauces, so you can't go too wrong there. The company was great too...



The rest of the weekend was fairly relaxing. I went to bed early on Friday night so I could get up at 5:40 and meet Pamela for a fantastic 7 miles. I felt pretty good during it and I'm so glad because the first two weeks after my half marathon I did NOT feel so good and did very little running. I also ran an easy two miles with Corey this morning! I think it was really difficult for him because he has only run once since his April 5k but it probably reminded him that he needs to do a little more running before half marathon training starts again on July 18! Then I went to a yoga class at 10 AM, ran errands, cleaned, did laundry, caught up with Heather and am now parking myself on the couch for the rest of the evening. I hope everyone has a great night!
P.S. Congrats to my friend Brenna who signed up for her first 10k in July! She just ran a fast 5k and I'm sure she'll do awesome in the 10k too!

No comments:

Post a Comment