Monday, August 29, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

What's that you say? It's not the weekend anymore? Pssssssh....Monday Shmonday. Let's just pretend it's still the weekend, shall we? After all, it was a great one!

Friday night, Corey, Danny and I went to the SEC kickoff party uptown at Dixie's Tavern. Sadly, there weren't many Bulldogs OR Gamecocks in attendance (where did all those Tennessee and Florida fans come from?) but we had a good time talking with some people I met at the UGA alumni lunch a couple of weeks ago. Danny had to go home early to take care of his (precious!) little sick daughter, so Corey and I were on our own for dinner. We tried to go to my favorite- Cantina 1511- but the wait was an hour and a half so we ended up at 131 Main. It was fine, but I don't think I'd go back again. I'm not sure they've quite figured out their identity as a restaurant yet, but they did have some interesting foods like steamed kale available!

Saturday morning we were up early to run. We successfully completed 7 miles and I was super proud of Corey for not walking at all! I am not sure I could have done that one month into running. After that we relaxed for a while and then headed to Greenville, SC to meet our good friends Marc, Ashley and Brook.



Why yes, this is my favorite pose! :)


We ended up at Barley's Taproom in downtown Greenville. Ashley and I were both adventurous and tried the Sunny Day beer sampler, which was made of up 7 lighter and fruity beers. The best by far was the Son of a Peach, which is made in South Carolina. Loved it!



After eating a ton of pizza we made the 2 hour trip back to Charlotte. Sunday we were super lazy all day- I think the only thing we did that was productive was go to the grocery store. Usually I feel guilty when I laze around all day but I'm doing a ton of work- and fun-related travel in the next two weeks so I was actually totally fine with it! Oh, and the best thing about Sunday was that we made belgian waffles. Check out the hers and his pics:



I didn't know until I heated up a ton of frozen berries that Corey doesn't like raspberries. Oh well- more for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment